Planner/Scheduler – Job Description
Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. is a prime contractor to various utility, industrial and commercial clients, providing for the installation of high voltage cable, transformers, switchgears, street and highway lighting, traffic signals, telecommunication equipment and natural gas plant. With over 30 years of industry experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver timely, cost-effective, and quality solutions to our clients throughout Ontario.
Reporting to the COO, the Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for the development and maintenance of comprehensive project schedules during the project development, execution and close-out phases. Throughout the project life cycles, the Planner/Scheduler will gather and interpret data from a variety of sources to conduct schedule analysis and provide essential reporting to support the project team to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
As a Planner/Scheduler you will:
- • Assist Project Managers and Field Supervisors in creating short-term schedules and monitoring these schedules
- • Monitor projects’ progress, including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts and progress achieved to date
- • Maintain a master schedule for each project and identify and record the impact of work performed according to the schedule.
- • Evaluate construction progress and provide regular schedule updates and schedule narrative
- • Provide the Project Team with timely, informed, and up-to-date project schedule information including trends and forecasts as well as progress, schedule and planning input to the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly project reports
- • Update project schedule, monitor actual progress and compare the updates with the baseline and report progress against schedule in the required format.
- • Analyze project schedule issues and propose corrective actions for timely completion of the project.
- • Analyze productivity, trends and forecasts and update their impact on the schedule, project budget and cost.
- • Keep track of change orders and extra work orders.
- • Exceptional communication skills – oral and written English
- • Self-motivated with good organizational skills
- • Ability to work well with others as a team
- • Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines and flexible to an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- • Ability to work under pressure
- • Construction-related degree/diploma and three years of construction scheduling experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- • Project controls, engineering/procurement/construction/systems scheduling experience is required
- • Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and any other analytical software programs
- • Valid driver’s license
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, RRSP and opportunities for professional development and advancement.