Person in Attendance (PIA) Metrolinx Project – Job Description
Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. is a prime contractor to various utility, industrial and commercial clients, providing for the installation of high voltage cable, transformers, switchgears, street and highway lighting, traffic signals, telecommunication equipment and natural gas plant. With over 30 years of industry experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver timely, cost-effective, and quality solutions to our clients throughout Ontario.
The Person in Attendance (PIA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of workers, subcontractors, and visitors on Metrolinx construction sites. The PIA will monitor the site for potential hazards and ensure that all safety protocols are being followed. Further, the PIA will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all safety incidents and for reporting any safety violations. The PIA has the authority to stop work if there are safety violations.
- • Ensure that all safety protocols are being followed by workers, subcontractors, and visitors to the construction site, anyone who enters the work area must be briefed by the PIA
- • Act as liaison between Trans Power field resources, subcontractors, Alectra and Metrolinx
- • Conduct daily tailboard meetings and consistently monitor the work site for safety hazards
- • Ensure that all workers are wearing appropriate PPE as per Metrolinx standards
- • Conduct daily safety inspections of equipment and machinery
- • Maintain detailed accurate records of all visitors, and safety incidents, including near-misses and accidents
- • Take pictures and video of the worksite as necessary
- • Investigate safety incidents to determine their cause and implement corrective actions to prevent them from occurring in the future
- • Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction safety or related field
- • Experience working on a Metrolinx site considered a strong asset
- • Assertive personality to command the attention of others
- • Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- • Ability to foster and maintain excellent working relationships with subcontractors and clients
- • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- • Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- • Work in all weather conditions.
- • Work in trenches and work at heights.
- • Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, RRSP and opportunities for professional development and advancement.