Field Supervisor – Job Description
Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. is a prime contractor to various utility, industrial and commercial clients, providing for the installation of high voltage cable, transformers, switchgears, street and highway lighting, traffic signals, telecommunication equipment and natural gas plant. With over 30 years of industry experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver timely, cost-effective, and quality solutions to our clients throughout Ontario. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Supervisor to join our team.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Field Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of construction sites, ensuring that projects are completed safely, efficiently, and on time. The Field Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the construction crew and subcontractors, ensuring that quality standards are met, and ensuring that all work is completed within budget and according to project specifications.
- • Supervise and coordinate construction activities on site, ensuring that all work is performed safely and efficiently.
- • Ensure that all work is performed according to project specifications, and within budget.
- • Monitor progress on the project and make necessary adjustments to schedules and plans as required.
- • Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with federal & provincial regulations.
- • Ensure that all crew members and subcontractors are following safety protocols, and address any safety concerns promptly.
- • Communicate regularly with the Project Manager to keep them informed of project status and any issues that arise.
- • Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure that materials and equipment are delivered to the site as needed.
- • Ensure that all necessary permits and licenses are obtained before work begins.
- • Conduct regular inspections of the site to ensure that work is progressing according to schedule and that quality standards are being met.
- • Maintain the Supervisor logbook
- • Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field.
- • Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction management or related field.
- • Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team.
- • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- • Knowledge of construction materials, methods, and tools.
- • Knowledge of federal & provincial regulations related to construction.
- • Ability to read and interpret blueprints and project specifications.
- • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- • Ability to solve problems and make decisions quickly.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management software.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- • Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- • Work in all weather conditions.
- • Work in trenches and work at heights.
- • Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, RRSP and opportunities for professional development and advancement.