Billing Coordinator – Job Description
Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. is a prime contractor to various utility, industrial and commercial clients, providing for the installation of high voltage cable, transformers, switchgears, street and highway lighting, traffic signals, telecommunication equipment and natural gas plant. With over 30 years of industry experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver timely, cost-effective, and quality solutions to our clients throughout Ontario.
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual looking to join our successful and stable organization. This is an office-based role and the successful candidate must be able to work out of Trans Power’s Corporate Head Office based in Concord. Our Billing team is expanding, and as a result, we are hiring a Billing Coordinator.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the current Billing Coordinator, this position must achieve accurate billing objectives as per contract agreements.
• Review and complete accurate take-offs from construction drawings
• Maintain and document all project billing-related correspondence
• Follow-up with consultants on progress payment billings
• Ensure cost controls are in conformance with Trans Power’s policies
• Liaise with internal departments as relates to issues regarding billing inquiries
• Tracking /Monitoring budget labor hours and escalating to Project Manager as needed
• Participate in weekly billing meetings with Project Managers and Foremen
• Two years of related work experience
• Billing experience in the construction industry is considered a strong asset
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• High focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail while meeting tight deadlines
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
Completion of a Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology program, Business Administration, Finance Administration or similar/related program.
• Casual dress
• Company events
• Dental care
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care benefits
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• RRSP match
• Bonus pay
• 8-hour shift (8 am to 4 pm)
• Monday to Friday